I hope this note finds you doing well and finding some shade here in the Sunshine City!
Please find a mid-year update from your St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce. Strong leadership from our volunteers and staff have kept us focused on the key tenants of our past 3-year strategic plan: Economic Development, Advocacy and Organization/Member Development. I hope that you too are energized and excited by all that we have accomplished together in the first half of the year.
I'm equally excited about what we will accomplish in the coming months as we:
• Embark upon our first ever benchmarking trip, Thinking Outside the 'Burg, to Durham/Raleigh, NC presented by Duke Energy. Watch for more details to follow.
• Launch our Economic Development Corporation as the culmination of 3 years of planning,
• Finalize our updated Strategic Plan which builds out the Chamber's role as convener of the Grow Smarter strategy,
• Continue to provide guidance on the Pier and Pier Uplands as we move into the final stages of planning,
• Prioritize employment opportunities as development expands around Tropicana Field and within the Skyway Marina District,
• Celebrate our outstanding members with Good Burger Awards,
• Complete a rebranding of our Chamber logo and image to better reflect who we are today,
• Host/attend countless other events and opportunities to network and help grow your business.
Our downtown is lined with cranes bringing both new residential and office space online. Business and entrepreneurs continue to vote with their feet and dollars, bringing new ideas and opportunities to St. Petersburg. Thank you for what you have done and continue to do to make St. Pete great!
Board of Governors Chair
St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce