We had a great turnout for our meeting Monday morning and made progress on several efforts. This email will be a good recap whether you were able to attend or not. Please take a minute to review as there is a lot of good info here and several areas where we need YOUR help. The agenda and minutes are attached here for your review.
- Our call effort has reached over 2,000 likely voters and received a very positive response.
- Follow this link for an article about current voter turnout for this special election.
- Please reach out to Phil Clark (Phil.Clark@RaymondJames.com) to help with our final "Mayday" push. He will email you a brief script and list of a few names. We need each Rowdies Council member to help make a few calls Monday May 1st reminding people to vote the following day at the polls - and return their ballots.
- We have attached a template that you can use to email (or post on social media) your network and encourage them to vote. We are past the deadline to register, so at this point we're targeting residents of the City of St. Petersburg who are registered to vote.
- We are looking for a few folks to coordinate with Ralph's mob and wave signs the morning of May 2nd at key intersections to remind folks to vote. Please email me if you can help with this.
- Let's not leave anything on the field with this effort. Right now things look good, but St. Louis missed by a very narrow margin and we want to be sure we're celebrating on May 3rd!
- Very strong attendance for first three matches (7710, 4326 and 5310).
- The Rowdies have put out a great 3 for $33 package for the next three games to help continue the good attendance trend. Please find a flyer attached (jpeg and PDF) with this email and please post to social media and send out via email.
- Season tickets are still available and pro-rated for the remaining games in the season. Please help to match up people to split season tickets and continue the push to increase our numbers. Every seat counts and we will be providing updates to MLS during the season and want to be able to show progress.
- Lots of work behind the scenes to coordinate specific asks for corporate support through Joe Jimenez and the Rowdies leadership.
- One big area we can move the needle with corporate support AND attendance is through groups. This means both company outings and also civic groups (Suncoasters, Rotary, Junior League, etc.). Please help make introductions along these lines directly to Ed Sylvia (email@example.com) and Joseph Grossman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy me (email@example.com).
- Please help us watch for opportunities to get earned media exposure. If you have friends or contacts with tv, radio or print media, reach out to ask them about doing a story on the Rowdies expansion plans and our referendum effort. Loop me in and I can help to get media in touch with the right contacts at the Rowdies.
- We are planning to test run some Facebook/social media ads through the Chamber. Be watching and help to promote/like and extend the reach!
Finally, we have two great additional upcoming events/opportunities.
The Rowdies Council will takeover the Ale & the Witch a week from Saturday during the afternoon of April 29th. I will send a follow-up email with further details, but we will have Rick Baker as a guest bartender, raise money for the Chamber Foundation and plan to march with Ralph's Mob to the game following our gathering. We hope all of our Rowdies Council members will plan to attend!
Also, the Tampa Bay Business Journal is putting together a luncheon panel on the Rowdies #MLS2STPETE effort. Please see the attached flyer and help us to spread the word. We especially want to help push this event out to our friends across the bridge as it will be held in Tampa. Major thanks to Brady Diggs for helping to set this up and follow through on the execution.
See you on the pitch (field) for the match (game) this Saturday vs. Charleston Battery!
Greg Holden & Tash Elwyn
Rowdies Council Co-Chairs
Phil Clark & Sean King, Referendum Co-Chairs
Charles Gallagher & Darryl Feldman, Tickets/Attendance Co-Chairs
Ashby Green & Bill Lafontaine, Sponsorships/Corporate Co-Chairs