We had a great meeting last week and I wanted to share some of the key ideas and follow-up items with you. The full minutes from the meeting are attached below (thank you Tomas Idinge!).
Given our resounding success with the referendum (87% support!), we are now turning our focus squarely on two objectives: 1) filling the stadium and 2) having fun. To achieve these two goals, we will also be restructuring our committees into the following:
2. Fun - explore/implement things related to match experience (tailgate, guerilla marketing, etc.)
3. Media - focus on getting more and better traditional and social media coverage
4. Group Attendance/Community Relations - outreach to neighborhoods, civic groups, Arts community, Military, etc.
Please reply to let me know which of these four areas you have interest in supporting. We would like to be more deliberate about having our committees meet and drive outcomes going forward.
I asked everyone to bring ideas to the meeting as to how we can move the needle on our #MLS2STPETE effort - and you all delivered. I would love to receive more ideas by email...and share the following sample of ideas for those who were not able to attend. Let me know which one you are interested in stepping forward to lead!
• Direct mail promo to all people who voted in last election (thank you Jeff Johnson for the winning idea of the day!)
• Tailgates before game - family and singles crowd (thank you Phil and Sean for stepping up)
• Get coupon code for Rowdies Council to sell prorated season tickets for remainder of season to help measure our success/impact
• Sell out a section to get people together
• Get receipts at games for business expenses
• Chalk artist for soccer art on sidewalks downtown on match days
• Soccer mural(s) around town
• Huge inflatable soccer ball w/mysterious appearances
• Soccer ball stickers on manhole covers
• Turn Dali elipse into soccer ball with window cling/stickers
• Light up Priatek tower for Rowdies match nights - Green & Gold - project onto building
• Presence @ First Friday/Second Saturday Art Walk
• Soccer ball stuck to building
• Booklet of team cheers - get into program
• Get sponsors for giveaways - things people can use to make noise or display after the game
Be sure you have Thursday July 6th on your calendar for a big match at Al Lang on a Thursday night. The match will be televised nationally and thus kickoff is at 8pm and will be followed by a concert with Kool & The Gang! Especially with the TV presence and national spotlight, we want to be sure and sell this game out.
Please also mark your calendar for Tuesday July 12th when the US Men's National Team will play Martinique in Raymond James Stadium. We would love to get a big group going and sit together. We believe MLS may be watching the success of this game to gauge the interest level in our media market, so please spread the word and plan to attend!
Thanks for all that each of you do - and look forward to seeing you several times this month in support of our boys in Green and Gold!
Greg & Tash