Thanks for such a great turnout for our meeting this morning! Despite the holiday for some, we had a great group and I am following up with some recap information for those who couldn't make it.
1. Please reply to me to confirm on which of the three committees you will participate: Tickets, Sponsors, Referendum
Going forward, the official name of our group is called the "Rowdies Council" to be inclusive of businesses, nonprofits and other groups like neighborhood associations.
I am attaching the agenda from the meeting to this email. A few key points to recap:
- The MLS Suncoast Invitational is taking place February 22nd and 25th. Season ticket holders should have all received complimentary tickets to this, but if you would like additional tickets let me know.
- Please hold your calendar for the Chamber Rowdies luncheon on March 21st or 22nd (soon to be confirmed and then we can share the final date). Hope that everyone can sponsor a table or gather some friends to make this our biggest yet. Great opportunity to help push ticket sales a few days before the home opener.
- March 23rd is the Season Kick-off at Mahaffey Theater and a great way to introduce people to the enthusiasm for the Rowdies and soccer in St. Petersburg.
- The home opener is Saturday March 25th vs. Orlando City and we need to be focused on ensuring this game (and the other 15) is a sellout crowd.
- Andy Salyard had some great ideas around pushing the Ralph's Mob logo to try and build more awareness and support. There seems to be a great opportunity to sign up USFSP students into the Mob with discounted tickets to fill the stands!
- We are working with the team on Family Packs and other ticket opportunities to push out through our group.
- Our group started with a strong showing helping to provide 250+ letters pledging support to the Rowdies in their MLS pursuit.
- We are working with the team to promote business packages to make it easy for businesses of all sizes to get involved in the #MLS2STPETE effort.
- Bill Lafontaine is going to work to get the Rowdies logo on an Indy Car for the upcoming Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
- The team is open to ideas on how to better partner with businesses in regards to amenities, client events, employee events, etc.
- Please help us to keep the #MLS2STPETE hashtag active on Twitter and other social media. Tomas suggested we all promote our involvement and challenge others with tweets like "@FloridaPrintSolutions is a proud Rowdies sponsor...@FLBlue, do you have your season tickets yet for the home opener?" and so forth.
- We received an 8-0 vote from City Council to move the referendum vote on the Al Lang lease extension to a second hearing.
- The second hearing will take place March 2nd - please mark your calendar to attend and speak in support (we believe it will be around 9am).
- The referendum is scheduled for May 2nd and absentee ballots are likely to go out in early April.
- We encourage each of you to speak or set up speaking opportunities amongst neighborhood, social and service groups about the #MLS2STPETE campaign (we can provide talking points or get someone to come speak).
- The most current Rowdies rack card is attached to this email. You can forward electronically and/or reach out to Beth Herendeen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get hard copies for your office, sales counter or to pass out at events.
- Please also let us and Beth know of upcoming events where the Rowdies should have a presence, talk about tickets/sponsorships and give out car magnets.
W. Gregory Holden