Fall 2016 St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce Advocacy Internship Program
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is interviewing students wanting to develop professional job experience while participating in the local business community. The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization working with business owners and professionals to build a better community. This position will assist with new and ongoing initiatives, including:
• Legislative, policy, and issue research
• Website content development and updating
• Assist in development, planning, and implementation of projects
Click here to see what Solomon Howard, the 2016 Summer Advocacy Intern accomplished.
The intern works closely with the Advocacy Manager and assists the Chamber’s Events Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator with Advocacy related events and communication.
• Provide assistance with the Public Policy Committee and its initiatives.
• Communications development for outreach efforts.
• Create content for the weekly Advocacy Newsletter
• Database creation
• Develop Graphic Design Materials
• Event planning & social media assistance (Public Policy Chats, Green Bench Conversations, Legislative Luncheon, etc.)
Intern Benefits are:
• Networking with business and community leaders on a local and state level
• Learning key information about city, county, and state issues
• Developing a deeper understanding of social, economic, business, and political issues affecting our community
• Increasing proficiency in oral and writing skills as well as public speaking
• Developing hands-on skills in a dynamic work environment
• Gaining multi-tasking skills by working on a variety of projects
• Increasing awareness and development of personal unique leadership and teamwork skills
• College Credit Options, if available.
The Advocacy intern would need to be available on the 1st Tuesday at 7:00 am to 11:00 am and 4th Tuesday at 7:30 am to 11:30 am. It is preferable that the intern is available on Wednesday mornings from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm and Thursday mornings 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. The Advocacy Intern will need to be available on the mornings of the Chamber’s Public Policy Coffee Chats on September 9th and October 18th. The Chamber is flexible with the remaining hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please contact Travis Norton at email@example.com or 727-388-0682 if you are interested in applying for the Fall advocacy internship.