Bar and Restaurant Owners,
If you are concerned with potentially having your Late Night Permit suspended or revoked due to COVID-19 Order violations, please contact Matt Lettelleir at firstname.lastname@example.org. City Council will be discussing this issue on Thursday, March 18th, at 5:00 PM and want to hear from the hospitality industry. Members of the public can speak at City Hall (175 5th Street N) or join via Zoom. Please see the instructions below from the City on how to make Public Comment.
The public must attend the meeting in person to speak during public hearings or quasi-judicial hearings. If you are a person with a disability who needs an accommodation in order to participate in this meeting or have any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 893-7448. If you are deaf/hard of hearing and require the services of an interpreter, please call our TDD number, 892-5259, or the Florida Relay Service at 711, as soon as possible. The City requests at least 72 hours advance notice, prior to the scheduled meeting, for accommodations.
To assist the City Council in conducting the City’s business, we ask that you observe the following:
- If you are speaking under the Public Hearings, Appeals or Open Forum sections of the agenda, please observe the time limits indicated on the agenda.
- Placards and posters are not permitted in the Chamber. Applause is not permitted except in connection with Awards and Presentations.
- Please do not address Council from your seat. If asked by Council to speak to an issue, please do so from the podium.
- Please do not pass notes to Council during the meeting.
- Please be courteous to other members of the audience by keeping side conversations to a minimum.
- The Fire Code prohibits anyone from standing in the aisles or in the back of the room.
- If other seating is available, please do not occupy the seats reserved for individuals who are deaf/ hard of hearing.
The public can also attend the meeting in the following ways:
- Watch live on Channel 15 WOW!/Channel 641 Spectrum/Channel 20 Frontier FiOS
- Watch live online at www.stpete.org/TV
- Listen and participate by dialing one of the following phone numbers
- +1 669 900 6833 and entering webinar ID: 97268708780#
- Watch, listen, and participate on your computer, mobile phone, or other device by visiting the following link: https://zoom.us/j/97268708780
The public can participate in the meeting by providing public comment for agenda items other than public hearings and quasi-judicial hearings in the following ways:
- If attending the Zoom meeting by computer or other device, use the “raise hand” button in the Zoom app.
- If attending the Zoom meeting by phone only, enter *9 on the phone to use the “raise hand” feature.
The “raise hand” feature in the Zoom meeting indicates your desire to speak but does not allow you to speak immediately. You must use the “raise hand” feature at the time the agenda item is addressed. All “raised hands” will be lowered after each agenda item. When it is your turn to speak, your microphone will be unmuted. At the conclusion of your comments or when you reach the three-minute limit, you will be muted. Please be advised that at all times the chair has the authority and discretion to re-order agenda items, and in the event the meeting is disrupted by violations of the rules of decorum, to accept public comment by alternate means, including by email only.
Regardless of the method of participation used, normal rules for participation apply, including the three minute limit on comments, the requirement that any presentation materials must be submitted to the City Clerk in advance of the meeting, and the rules of decorum. Public comments must be submitted before the public comment period has closed.