Updates from today’s Transportation Committee Meeting:
- Scooter Share had 60,000 rides in first 2 months
- 100 electric assists bicycles joining COAST bike share
- Ferry ridership at limited capacity still high. Commissioned committee to work towards making service permanent
- Autonomous Shuttle Pilot (“Ava”) extremely popular, outpacing Tampa pilot.
- SunRunner stations are being constructed, expected launch in Q4
- Tripled electric bus fleet (not 6 buses)
- Released telework survey to inform future transportation planning: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/THNR32F
- Howard Frankland will be shut down January 16 at 8 PM through noon January 17th.
- Gateway Expressway on schedule for 2022 completion
- I-275 shoulder hardening to be completed this summer
Tampa/Hillsborough Expressway Authority:
- Gandy Extension completion in late spring/early summer
- PD&E to expand expressway capacity between Gandy and Downtown
- Downtown Mobility Study wrapping up. Findings and model development next.
- Expected push for changes to Downtown spurs to reduce physical barrier between downtown and surrounding neighborhoods
- Options include: conversion to boulevards, dropping highway below grade and capping, or raising similar to Selmon Extension
- Concerns over minor ridership (looking at ID rescans periodically)
- Scooter Serial Numbers enlarged to aid law enforcement
- Signage and education efforts increased