Tuesday’s City Elections are the culmination of months, and years for some, of hard work. While only two candidates from each race will move on to the run-offs in November, all the candidates will be celebrating their campaigns with supporters, staff members, and their families on Tuesday, August 24.
Watch parties will be taking place across the city! See below for a list of events we know of, but please check back regularly as information may change.
- Ken Welch – Painting with a Twist (2527 Central Ave)
- Robert Blackmon – Urban Stillhouse (2232 5th Ave S)
- Pete Boland – Mary Margaret’s (29 3rd Street N)
- Copley Gerdes – CD Roma (1462 66th Street N)
- Ed Carlson – Athenian Gardens (6940 22nd Ave N)
- Tom Mullins – Green Bench Brewing (1133 Baum Ave N)
- Clifford Hobbs III – Flying Boat Brewing (1776 11th Ave N)
- Dane Kuplicki – Hawthorne Bottle Shop (2927 Central Ave)
Watch parties usually begin around 6:30 P.M. with first results coming in before 7:15 P.M. Historically, Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections usually finishes the counts quickly (sometimes as early as 7:45 P.M.).
We encourage you to visit and celebrate with the candidates, and thank them for their hard work and dedication to enhancing our beautiful city.