The executive board held its first council meeting of the year on January 9th. A group of more than 20 young professionals gathered in the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce board room to discuss the organization’s 2017 strategic plan.
Couldn’t make it? Here’s what you missed:
- Former Community Service Co-chair, Sean King, was endorsed as the Chair of St. Pete Young Professionals (SPYP) with Carrie Harrill-Smith serving as Vice Chair for the 2017 year.
- The 2017 executive board developed this year’s strategy with a focus on four pillars:
- Leadership: The executive board will actively look for opportunities for SPYP members to engage in the community through task forces, leadership development seminars, roundtables with movers and shakers in St. Pete and more!
- Diversity & Inclusion: Under King’s leadership, SPYP has created a Diversity & Inclusion committee headed by Demetrius Taylor and Bobby Poth. The committee’s focus will be to ensure the organization is inclusive of the entire young professional community in St. Pete. As part of this initiative, SPYP and the Urban League of Young Professionals will partner throughout the year on different projects.
- Branding: The group will continue to market itself through its blog, expand its social media platforms to LinkedIn and continue with consistent email marketing so that members and potential members know what events are happening and how to get involved.
- Membership: SPYP’s goal is to grow membership and expand event locations and community focus to midtown and other areas in St. Pete.
- Former St. Pete Young Professionals Chair and 2016 Chamber of Commerce President, Greg Holden, stopped by the young professionals group to share the #MLS2StPete initiative.
Want to get involved? Here’s what’s coming up:
- January 19th, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
- January 24th, 2017 at 6 p.m.
- 118th St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting at the Mahaffey Theater – SPYP members receive a special discounted ticket price of $25!
- January 26th, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
What are you most excited about with SPYP this year?