5 tips to prepare for the LSP application
The application to apply for the Leadership St. Pete® Class of 2024 is now available. To better understand what to expect, the LSP Planning Committee rounded up five tips to help you prepare.
1. Attend an upcoming info session and open house.
To learn more about the program and hear from recent graduates, join us for an upcoming in-person info session and open house event between now and September 26. View session dates, and register below.
2. Carefully review the application and complete it in its entirety.
Familiarize yourself with the application (see PDF sample) and come prepared to ask your questions. When completing the application, consider the following:
- Carefully read the application and complete all sections.
- Answer what the question is asking – be specific.
- Proofread, and proofread again.
- Ask someone you trust to review your application and provide feedback.
- Draft responses to the application questions in a Word document because you won’t have the ability to save the application prior to submission.
- Mentoring opportunities are available. If you are interested in being paired with an application mentor, email Jenna Stock.
3. Talk to your employer about the time commitment.
LSP requires a significant time commitment from participants. The program includes several half-day and full-day seminars and activities, as well as additional planning meetings. Applicants must have the support and commitment from their organization to apply and an indication of supervisor support is required as part of the application process.
4. Understand tuition and ancillary expenses.
Tuition covers LSP-sponsored programming, including lodging and meals for seminars and retreats. Class members can expect other ancillary expenses throughout the course of their LSP experience, including expenses for class-initiated outings, class project fundraising efforts, private room requests, etc.
5. Get your professional wardrobe ready.
Most seminars require business professional attire. In some cases, business casual is allowed. Jeans and sneakers are generally not acceptable unless indicated. Workout attire, leggings, shorts, and flip flops are not appropriate.
If you have questions about the application process, please email the Class Chair, Leslie Hafer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Leadership St. Pete and to apply, visit leadershipstpete.com.